Wrongfully convicted ?

Just want to make sure I have this correct. He was convicted of what seems to be a murder charge, based on zero evidence? How is that possible?

I’m no expert on California law, but an pretty sure to get a conviction you have to be able to prove your case beyond a reasonable doubt. I don’t think ” yeah, we think he did it” will get you a guilty verdict.

I’m sure he can get a court appointed lawyer, since $1200 only gets you what, 6 hours of work at best?

Some advice Maxine, instead of trying to raise lawyers fees, try just asking for money to put in his canteen fund. Sounds like he will be there for awhile.